[chbot] Neural Net / Android controlled car

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 22:34:29 GMT 2012

That's pretty cool.

I did some work with NNs in the 1980s.

While they do have some interesting capabilities, one problem is that
they just end up with a bunch of magical equations that have
absolutely no correspondence to logic. That makes them impossible to
verify and you never know if there are  some unhandled corner cases
(eg. a specific pattern that makes it go beserk and turn the wrong
way). It is this problem that has kept NNs from being widely accepted
in many application areas - particularly safety critical.