[chbot] Cheap Arduino Stuff

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Thu Dec 13 19:59:22 GMT 2012

On Thu 13 Dec 2012 12:54:51 NZDT +1300, Andrew Errington wrote:

> Another source for Arduino and associated bits and bobs is DealExtreme
> (www.dx.com).  I just placed an order for a bluetooth serial adapter
> and an Arduino mini.  I've never ordered from DX before, so I'll
> report how it goes.

The stuff will arrive eventually and you won't have a problem with that.
However I have yet to receive anything from there that deserves more
than a 2 out of 5. It's all rubbish.

In case of the BT serial there's no data sheet but your particular
hardware might match someone else's referenced in the comments section,
the range is lousy because they just slammed some antenna components on
there, ... Cheap yes, whether it's value for money you'll find out :-)

http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.