[chbot] New Zealand's DOMINATES THE WORLD AGAIN!

Chris Hamling the.hamlings at xtra.co.nz
Sat Apr 28 23:16:08 BST 2012

VEX Robotics World Championship WE WON again for the 4th time

Hi All,

Yes the CAPS LOCK in the title was intentional. We WON THE WORLDS again for
the fourth time.

We are world Champions. Onehunga High School won the Competition AND we won
3 of the 4 division championships.

After a phenomenal effort by all our teams, New Zealand has proved that yet
again we are the country to beat and that we are the most friendly country
and liked by all. It is astounding how far above our weight we punch and how
we are respected and liked by teams across the world.

Johan Potgieter from Massey University was inducted into the VEX hall of
fame as a volunteer of the year as was Massey University for winning the
excellence Award in 2011.

We also have agreed in principal to host the Asia pacific games in New
Zealand in October this year with 120 teams coming to new Zealand to compete
with around 40 teams from Australia. This means that we will host the
biggest ever robotics competition in the Southern hemisphere. Lots of work
but we enjoy work.

Onehunga our world champions will arrive back in New Zealand on Tuesday the
24th on Virgin flight VA164 at 15:35 the rest of the New Zealand contingent
arrive on Wednesday the 25th at 08:10 on Qantas QF 25. I am sure we will be
able to gather all the teams for a fantastic welcome.

We now can confidently say that we rule the world and have dominated the
biggest and fastest growing robotics competition in the world.

Results and awards that New  Zealand won at the 2012 Worlds
School/University	Place	Award

Onehunga High School	1st place	WORLD CHAMPIONS
Otumoetai College		1st place	Mathematics Division
Champions
Lynfield College		1st place	Science Division Champions
Onehungs High School	1st place	Engineering Division Champions
Auckland University	1st place	Autodesk Inventor CAD Design
Champions
Kristin School		2nd Place	Website Design Challenge

Pinehurst School		Community Award
MAX Home School		Amaze Award
Massey University		Build Award
Free Range Robotics	Sportsmanship Award
Johan Potgieter		Inducted into the VEX Hall of fame
Auckland University	2nd Place	College Championship

I would love to write more about the fantastic campaign the New Zealand
teams have run but I have been told that New Zealand is now in party mode
and we have something major to celebrate!

Chris Hamling
National Manager - Kiwibots
c.hamling at vexrobotics.co.nz
http://vexrobotics.co.nz