[chbot] OT RFID tags

Marshland Engineering marshland at marshland.co.nz
Wed Oct 26 02:26:57 BST 2011

I can't seem to make any headway with finding a solution to our problem. It is for lap timing for motorcycle racing. There are many 'passive solutions' out there but they fall into the same category as the evaluation one I have on test. It doesn't work over a wide track!!.Active tags overcome this problem but I can't seem to find the supplier of tags and readers only sales companies who have very little real info on the systems. Anyone know much about this ?  There are many "suppliers" in the $8000 range but I'm looking for a low cost tag and reader.

Cheers Wallace