[chbot] Big batteries

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Wed Oct 19 08:27:07 BST 2011

>>>   What do you think?
>>
>> Sounds like a reasonable idea. Could you enlighten me a little more as
>> to what type of batteries you're talking about?
>   Usually 70-100Ah AGM's
>> I might be interested in
>> a set for testing on a solar system if they are a reasonable price.
>   Geez, who wouldn't! I got mine for about $1.70/kg (I think), that was 18
> batteries for $880, about the price of two new ones.
>
> Jasper

I think the batteries you are getting are somewhat different to the ones I
had in mind. My idea of a telecom battery is a single 2v cell, 1200
amp-hrs, weight about 50kg. I'd be using 12 of them for my 24 volt system,
 which at $1.70/kg immediately puts me the wrong side of a grand :(

Maybe you have dropped a decimal place? (I hope!!)

--
Robin Gilks