[chbot] Forth for embedded programming.

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 22:47:20 GMT 2011

I had loeliger's book but can no longer find it. I have many other forth
books too. I tried to implement loeliger's language on an amstrad 6128 but
failed. I did manage to get a forth going and it was many times faster than
the amstrad basic and far easier to write than assembler. The forth for the
amstrad, which I changed to use floppy instead of cassette, was very well
documented.

I even joined the forth SIG and read their impenetrable journal "forth
dimensions" for a year or two.

Would be great for robotics if you have very limited resources, but that's
not generally the case these days.

The readability is as good as the comments, similar to most other
programming.