[chbot] Anyone making PCBs?

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Sat Jun 4 05:32:18 BST 2011

On Wed 01 Jun 2011 16:26:27 NZST +1200, Andrew Errington wrote:

> Yes, I tried that, but I didn't have good adhesion, so the tracks came off
> too.  I think the key is very clean copper.

Yes, that makes sense. Is it really necessary to remove all the last bit
of copper oxide, and to use acetone? Fingerprints will be a k.o., but
they come off with meths. Did you by chance try it with meths insted of
acetone?

The other bit of info I'd be interested in is what size structures can
you reliably etch with this method?

How long does the toner on the copper withstand the acid? The problem
with photo-resist-plated board was not usually the resolution, but the
etching damaging the photo-resist layer before all the unwanted copper
was dissolved.

http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.