[chbot] CNC kit?

Chris Hellyar chris at trash.co.nz
Wed Jul 27 01:58:29 BST 2011

Hi-ho,

Is there be any interest in a modest sized (A4?) MDF CNC platform in kit form?

I'm thinking suitable for plastics/wood/pcb's.  A cnc cut kit of MDF parts plus some of the hard to source locally linear bits at cost?

The comments at the club meeting the other night about it costing $1k to bring in the kit from Aussie and the lack of local options got me thinking about it while I was driving to work this morning.

I'm not looking for commitment of any sort, and I'm not in a position to cut the kits till early next year anyway.  Just chucking it out there to see what people think..

Cheers, Chris H