[chbot] .5 offset voltage

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Sun Jul 17 16:01:45 BST 2011

Hi Wallace,

Input to the LED display is 0 to 5V and the output from the
transducer is 0.5 to 4.5V and you wish to directly scale between the two ?

Sounds like you need a gain of 5.0 / 4.0 (output range over input
range) a you also need to remove a 0.5V input offset assuming input
and output signals are the same polarity...

Possible methods

a) opamp or two with some with some resistors

2) uP with ADC and DAC and some fixed point maths

iii) Assuming that the LEDs are driven by something like an LM3914,
set Rlo and Rhi to 0.5 and 4.5 volts respectively and scaling and
offset is done.

More details please...

-Mark