[chbot] .5 offset voltage

Marshland Engineering marshland at marshland.co.nz
Sun Jul 17 09:43:59 BST 2011

I have a 5 volt transducer and I need to measure the output. The problem I have is the display and transducer both run off the same power supply  (12 volts) but the transducers outputs range is 0.5 to 4.5 volts. The LED meter's input is not free floating. How do I get the meter ground to be 0.5 volts above the transducer ground. As it is an LED meter, the current will vary quite considerably with the number of segments displayed so a simple dropper resister will not do ?