[chbot] PCBs again

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Jul 9 10:37:35 BST 2011

Hi everyone,

After the recent excitement about PCB milling machines I have to add some more
comments about the toner-transfer method.

I made five more small boards this afternoon, and the toner adhesion was much
better.  I have dropped the iron temperature a little, and I am putting less
pressure on it.  Also, I used a tip I found on the Internet: after cleaning
the copper-clad board drop it into the etching solution for a few seconds.
This etches the surface of the copper and makes the toner stick better.

I still had to fix a few traces with a Sharpie, but last time I had to clean
the toner off several times and start over.  This time, a quick touch-up and
ready for etching.

So, if you want to make a PCB milling machine, then go ahead.  If you want to
make PCBs, then make PCBs.

Best wishes,

Andrew