[chbot] Foam board

Chris Hellyar chris at trash.co.nz
Tue Dec 20 00:34:30 GMT 2011

Hi-ho,

For bulkheads foam-board from the drawing room is good.  5mm thick form
memory, foam with cardboard either side.  I've used it for lots of RC
models over the years.  Cheaper than Balsa and no grain.  About the same
strength as 1/8th balsa, use PVA or foam compatible cyno to glue it.

For hot wire cut sections Form insulation sometimes have big off-cuts
available cheap, aside from that insulations places are your best bet.
Call around and see who's doing a deal on offcuts.  Normally you can
find someone who's prepared to part with some lumps for beer money.

Not sure if Jaycar have nichrome, but South Island Used to.  I got a
roll of the stuff years ago from somewhere and haven't had to buy any
since. :-)

Cheers, Chris H.