[chbot] component suppliers

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Sun Apr 24 12:19:37 BST 2011

On Mon 18 Apr 2011 16:30:27 NZST +1200, Charles Manning wrote:

> > Any other components suppliers we need to add to the list ?

Where is the list?

> Uncle Dick. dse.co.nz

Remove from list. They're an appliance store, not an electronics
components store. What they were 10 years ago isn't relevant now.

I find Farnell, oops Element14 (what a pain) rather good. Free shipping
from $75, and they're local. They tend to have more European components
and sure have a larger range than Digikey or Mouser. Downside is that
they are a bit more expensive than those two, but it's often a question
of getting it at all and added shipping costs. Slightly better prices if
you can use someone else's account.

Since 2009 ActiveComponents re-sell all Mouser parts, collating orders
and shipping for the cost from Auckland. It look slike one doesn't have
to have an account with Active:
http://www.activecomponents.com/Page-About-Us_1.aspx (online ordering)

http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.