[chbot] What we did on Wednesday 15th September 2010

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 23:55:35 BST 2010

WRT phones for robotics.

Well clearly it must be an Android phone :-).

Although there are exceptions, USB on phones tend to be device only
and thus can only communicate with a USB host (PC etc). That really
limits their usefulness in connecting to cheapie micros etc.

The easiest connectivity out of most phones is Bluetooth. This just
looks like a regular serial port. Youtube shows various projects where
a Mindstorms is used as a mobile base being controlled by an
application on a phone.