[chbot] Test Tubes for Stirling Engine

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Tue Nov 30 22:57:55 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 30 November 2010 20:19:47 Chris Hellyar wrote:
> Are beakers not very slightly tapered?  Would they be blown into / onto
> a mould and so need to be tapered to aid in releasing em?

Surely no more than for test tubes?

A slight taper does not really matter for the purpose I intended. Simple
Stirling engines often have two "cylinders". One is the power cylinder which
needs a tight fit. The other is the chamber for the displacer. There is a gap
between the displacer and the chamber so a slight taper would not matter.