[chbot] $90 Netgear Router + firmware source

Morris skibear at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 01:13:35 GMT 2010

For $90 I suggest the Asus WL-500G Premium V2:
http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=274475
http://oldwiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs(2f)Hardware(2f)Asus(2f)WL500GPV2.html

240MHz CPU
8MB flash
32MB RAM
*very* easy to flash with low risk of bricking.
2 USB 2.0 ports
A serial port (open up unit and soldering required)
A JTAG port.

In Christchurch http://cbcnz.com were selling them cheaply.

The main downside is the stable wireless driver is only available for
the 2.4 kernel.

I have a WL-520gu which costs the same, but has less features. I plugged
an arduino into the USB port and burned firmata onto it. On the router I
installed Python, pyserial, and pyduino without trouble. Worked well
(although I blew my motor drivers last year and haven't got aruond to
fixing it yet!)

Cheers