[chbot] H-Bridge (was Re: Sensor Information)

Michael Pearce mike at kiwacan.co.nz
Wed Mar 25 22:15:39 GMT 2009

> This circuit is common emitter so there is no voltage loss across the main
> driving transistors.

Not a true statement they are still BJT's so there is still a
significant voltage drop (0.2 to  0.7V per transistor).

Modern MOSFET's with low RDS-ON  (<0.02ohm) will be much less lossy.
Can get MOSFETS with 20 Amp peak and 4 Amp continuous in a SOT-23 or
smaller package.
But Bridges are a little more complex to make using FET's (May Need
dead time gaps etc)

Mike