[chbot] Project / Creative / Hacker / Maker space in Christchurch

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 17 09:38:18 GMT 2009

Hacker spaces sound like fun.

I recall a discussion on the Home Brew Robotics Club mailing list about
techno shop in the States. (May not have the name exactly right). I think
the idea is that you pay for hours and get to use their tools with training
or supervision maybe. I think they got their micromouse maze floors drilled
on some huge cnc machine in one of these shops. Not quite hacker space but
another part of the puzzle.

When I have a working Micromouse and a simple reproducible design I'm quite
happy to host build sessions in my garage.

I've just purchased a Myford lathe which will no doubt help along a few
robotics projects.

Richard