[chbot] Robocup Challange

Stuart Whelan stuart at somepointinthefuture.co.nz
Sun Mar 15 20:44:56 GMT 2009

Hi Folks,

I am in contact with a dozen or so family's through CAGCY
(http://www.cagcy.org.nz)that are interested in taking part in the
Robocup, but can not or do not wish to do it through their school.

I am hoping that we can encourage the children to form groups,
allowing those without Mindstorm sets to take part.

I am also hoping that we can offer opportunities for some of the
children attending the Christchurch Robotics group to take part when
they might otherwise have missed out.

To assist in this I am helping to match up children in regards to:

a) Those with a Lego Mindstorms set.
b) Those with access to a laptop.
c) Those living close to each other.

I have advertised the next Robotics club meeting to all the CAGCY
members and asked those interested in the Robocup to attend.

I am hoping that after we have had our talk about the Robocup at the
next meeting we can have some time for those interested in taking part
to form teams.

CAGCY will be making a room at one of the learning centres at one of
the Christchurch libraries available for the groups to come and have
regular building sessions (Hence the need for a laptop).

These building sessions will probably be on Sundays, exact times and
dates are still to be arranged.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you wish to discuss this further.

Cheers,
Stuart.