[chbot] Request for items for next meeting...

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jul 26 11:05:15 BST 2009

Its a little over 3 weeks to go until our next meeting which will be on
Tuesday 18th August at 6.30pm in the Seminar Room at Science Alive (unless
otherwise advised).

Our meeting closely follows the Robocup Junior competition to be held on
Sunday 9th August. Details are in this newsletter and applications close on
29th July so better be quick if you intend to join the fun:
http://www.sciencealive.co.nz/robotics/RoboCup%202009%20Chch%20Newsletter.pdf

I've been working away on my micromouse control system. Moving on from
controlled acceleration, constant speed and deceleration setpoint to PID
output control and pwm motor control. For the software development I'm
using avr-gcc4.3.2/avr-gdb6.8/Simulavr0.1.2.2 using the Eclipse Galileo
environment under Ubuntu 9.04 Linux. The same setup should work just as
well under windows. I'll bring the whole thing along, working or not.

Anyone have suggestions or requests for topics for our meeting, or
announcements of what they have been working on? Maybe we can persuade some
of the Robotics Junior finalists to come along with their robots to display
and talk about them.

We could do with something interesting to put in our publicity...

Richard Jones