[chbot] Meeting Tonight 6.30pm Science Alive Seminar Room

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Mon Dec 14 19:52:43 GMT 2009

I'll be bringing along a plate of Christmas fayre to eat, and small edible
prizes for those who bring along Robots, working or not.
It promises to be a dramatic evening with Sam and Bradan showing us their
wining Robocup performance, definitely a must see. Possibly we'll get to
hear about the visit to First Lego League held in Auckland recently.

My lego can lifter should be clearing cans from the table. I wrote the
software in Lego NXT-G using a Finite State Machine design pattern(see the
wikipedia entry if interested). This helped the design planning and
documentation. The FSM implementation kept the program small, modular and
easy to test and modify. Apologies to those well familiar with FSM. I'll
demo what I'm on about tonight. Maybe we'll see some Finite State Machine
ideas being used in next years Robocup competition.

Richard