[chbot] APC Magazine Arduino Article

jimmy allen jimmy1248 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 05:43:18 BST 2009

I would say that I your target audience.
I only started programming at the beginning of last year in QBasic.
Only been working with micros for a half a year.AVRs for a few
months(not very much though)

A 7 segment display is fairly cool.That was one of my first thing that
I did on my ATTiny2313
I didn't take too much work ,mainly creating a bit table(assigning the
digital outputs into variables kind of like a library) then calling a
procedure and passing a number or letter(the one you want to
display)through to it.

A good thing to add would be links to more information so that if you
get people interested they can easily follow on.

I have been looking into Arduino and building one for myself (there is
some stuff under the bootloader(AVR) mail listing.But i will repeat
the more relevant stuff .
On their site they have instructions on how to build an Arduino
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardSerialSingleSided3 which could
be added.

The flashing LED is good one as it is very easy to get going
Maybe taking a push button in(getting a response from the user)
7 seven segment dislpay flashing out H E L L O simple but fairly
cool(more than flashing LED).

As I am still learning the basics you could always try some of you
ideas on me and could give you some feed back on how good they are if
you want

Good luck
Jimmy