[chbot] Does the current web site meet our needs?

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 02:41:56 BST 2009

I don't think we are hard to find.

Google for christchurch robot. First hit.

On Aug 3, 2009 9:05 AM, "Richard Jones" <rjtp at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

My intention on raising the question "Does the current web site meet our
needs?" was to review the communication requirements our group. If the
discovered requirements fall short of what we have now then it may be
worthwhile addressing them. Any change we make would need to preserve our
existing resources, largely email archives and the records of meetings.

The largest gap I have noticed on our site is the lack of a convenient
photo gallery to archive what we have seen at meetings.

Naturally there are heaps of technical solutions with different strengths
and weaknesses, and we could start a different thread on our favourite CMS.

Hanno makes the point that our hit rate is quite low, which brings us
around to the purpose of the site.

I guess the main purpose of the web site is a show case for potential new
members to find out who we are, what we do, when we do it and where to find
us. And for existing members to visit to refresh their memory about when
the next meeting might be. Of course the only constant thing in life is
change, and something the our site does not do well is to link in with
other groups. We are hard to find, and we work around that with newspaper
advertising (thanks again to Hanno).

Furthers thoughts anyone?

Richard