[chbot] Batteries for Robotics Projects

Richard Jones richard_alan_jones at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 20:55:39 GMT 2008

The Development Manager at Tait Electronics has generously donated a number of sample Sanyo battery packs to our robotics group. The packs are spot welded and taped but may be split to yield individual cells with care. Email the list outlining your plan for the batteries and how many you would like. I'll bring them along to the December 17th meeting. Note that the lithium cells require a current limited constant voltage charger (expect the cells to catch fire or explode if mistreated). The first two packs have AA size cells.

1. 7.2V 1P6S Ni-MH 2500mAh/cell  6HR-3U http://sanyo.wslogic.com/pdf/pdfs/HR-3UR.pdf
2. 7.4V 3P2S Lion   720mAh/cell  2UR14500P.3.TE http://sanyo.wslogic.com/pdf/pdfs/UR14500P.pdf
3. 7.4V 1P2S Lion  1700mAh/cell  2UF103450PP.TE1 http://sanyo.wslogic.com/pdf/pdfs/UF103450P.pdf

Richard Jones