[chbot] SMD experiment #1

Next Kiwi next at pitstock.com
Wed May 7 01:11:50 BST 2008

G'day Chris

I am using a toaster oven successfully here, I even do the odd BGA. We have
a compressed air solder paste dispenser which is probably the key to getting
good control of the paste. Its not great but we get good boards. I have
found the most valuable tool is "flux paste". I use this to clean up the
board afterwards. Flux paste is magic stuff. It is a must if you are doing
MLP or QFN packages.

You did the right thing by putting the temperature sensor very close to the
board as the temperature around the oven can vary.

To clean the flux off I use electrolube FLU
http://images.google.co.nz/images?hl=en&q=electrolube%20FLU&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Cheers
Keith