[chbot] Introduction (was: Re: Last two and a bit days of the garage sale....)

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Sat Mar 1 19:53:54 GMT 2008

Good morning Phil and welcome to the Christchurch Robotics Group.
Really glad you found us and looking forward to meeting with you at
our next session on Wednesday 15th april 7.30-9.30pm in the  Science
Alive Seminar Room. (Blatant plug)
I was going to ask you for suggestions about where we could publicise
our meetings to meet with like minded folks like TVIC, but I see you
have beaten me to it by posting us on your site. Thanks.
If you are able to make it to the robotics meeting is there any
chance that you could bring along some Arduino projects to show and
tell? It looks very interesting. I have an ATMega128 on my micromouse
so have a vested interest in that platform.
You may also be interested in the Parallax Propeller proto board:
http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/
PropellerDevelopmentBoards/tabid/514/ProductID/423/List/1/
Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName
The propeller packs 8 cpu's inside, so its great for real time.

Cheers

Richard Jones