[chbot] Sensor Information

Hanno Sander hanno at mydancebot.com
Wed Jun 18 22:41:40 BST 2008

Hi,
Thanks everyone for another great night at Kiwibots.
I enjoyed the robot presentations and look forward to a line-following
competition at the next meeting.  Richard, please share your plans for a
simple, low-cost follower so we can all build one.  Should we run two
races?  One on a simple oval- say 1M in diameter, and another on Richard's
more complicated shape?

I enjoyed all the thoughtful questions about my DanceBot, ViewPort and the
sensors I use.  Here are the part numbers:
- Parallax Propeller on a Parallax Protoboard
- ViewPort v3.0: earlier version available here:
http://mydancebot.com/viewport
- Lynxmotion Geared Motor (GHM-01) with Quadrature Encoder (QME-01)
- ADC: MCP3208
- DAC: sigma-delta resistor/capacitor using the Propeller counter
- Temperature Sensor: npn transistor: bc109
- Parallax PING sensor
- Parallax Compass: HM55B
- Hobby RC Gyro: GWS-PG03

I'm happy to answer any questions.