[chbot] Fuzzy Logic

Hanno Sander hanno at mydancebot.com
Sat Jan 5 00:18:43 GMT 2008

Richard,
Great idea to use fuzzy logic with the Propeller...

Check out tutorial #6 from ViewPort.  It shows how you can use fuzzy logic
to land on the moon.  Remember the arcade game "Lunar Lander"?  The program
starts with a height and speed (both of which are "fuzzified") and uses
rules to manipulate thrust until the craft has landed gently.  Lots of
comments in the code... Here is the critical section:

f.fuzzifyA(height,FMHeight)      'fuzzifies Height into fuzzy register A
f.fuzzifyB(speed ,FMSpeed)       'fuzzifies Speed into fuzzy register B
f.doandRule(FRThrottle)          'calculate new Throttle with ThrottleRule
throttle:=f.defuzzify(FMThrottle)'defuzzify Throttle to a number

ViewPort is available at: http://mydancebot.com/viewport

Hanno

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good but simple tutorials