[chbot] Lego Sumo & $250 nxt

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Sun Dec 21 16:12:38 GMT 2008

Soon gave me a few tips about constructing the Lego sumo ring and I'm now
ready to cut it out and paint. Hopefully it will be ready before Christmas
:-) And of course I'll bring it along on the 18th Feb ready to perform Lego
Sumo. It is surprisingly large to fit in a car at 1.2m dia.

The Lego site has videos, rules and pictures of many different robots
entered in past competitions:
http://mindstorms.lego.com/specialevent/WhatisLEGOSumo.aspx

If anyone is looking to buy there is a Lego NXT selling on trademe with a
$250 buy now: http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=194294631 It will not last
long at this price.

Thanks to Stuart for showing me this little gem based on the Robowars
theme:
http://www.shelter-solution.com/portable-garage-video/watch-video/YSl4eExCVeo/tiggatiger/robot....vs-fridge..*advert*.html

Richard