[chbot] Presentation topics for future meetings

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Sun Aug 24 00:05:51 BST 2008

Thanks Charles,

Like the idea very much. Reduce the marathon effect by extending the time
and fragmenting, neat. Theres a nice progression too if we have 5-10 min
presentations early and one or more in depth techie presentations later. We
could try this format at the next few meetings if the room is available.

If you have a title in mind I could pencil you in for October. I'll check
with Gail at Science Alive tomorrow about the extended time.

I had in mind doing a presentation on modular robotic hardware and software
based on Propeller, AVR, GCC and the avr simulator. Maybe Timothy would
like to present AVR micro and toolchain first? I'll follow up in a
subsequent session. I'd like to get my micromouse going before I sound off
about it too much!

Any other presentation offers? I know there are some stamp enthusiasts out
there and there's a lot more to robotics than cpus and software.

Richard Jones

snip from Charles email...

I would propose a slight change to the times, partly to "demarathonise"
it.
6.15-6.30 pre meeting set up tables etc.
6.30-7.30 demos and presentations from those who need to leave early.
7.30-8.00 social chat 1
8.00-9.00 formal presentations
9.00-9.30 social chat 2

This format would allow some social chat time for the "leave early folk"
as well as allowing one-on-one discusions triggered by the demos. It is
better to have those conversations while everything is fresh rather than
waiting...

until the end.