[chbot] Introduction & Lego NXT stuff

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Sat Aug 23 04:58:48 BST 2008

Hi Charles,

Welcome to our list, many thanks for your post and for your and Timothys
presentations on Wednesday evening.

I'm sure that a number of us would be very interested in knowing more about
your Java port to NXT and how to find the NXT schematics and consider how
to make new or cheaper NXT sensors. If you are putting your hand up to do
say a one hour presentation I'm in.

Our groups diverse age range, range of interests and stages of development
makes an in depth technical presentation a little hard going for the casual
new recruit. So a little differentiation may be in order.

Several folks have suggested starting meetings earlier, say 6.30pm. Some
have asked for them more often. And lately we don't seem to run out of
things to say between 7.30 and 9.30.

Maybe its time to consider special interest group meetings targeting more
in depth treatment of topics that have a robotics connection. Alternatively
we could just have very long meetings with timed sections such as:

6.30-7.30 demos and presentations from those who need to leave early.
7.30-8.30 formal presentations
8.30-9.30 social chat

Thoughts anyone? Looks a bit like a marathon!

Richard Jones