[chbot] Update From Mike Pearce

Michael Pearce mike at kiwacan.co.nz
Wed Aug 6 07:26:43 BST 2008

Hi All,

Just to let you know, I have entered a year long, 4 stage competition.

This completion involves taking an electronic design from an original
idea through to a final product that works.

I have chosen to design a combined PDA and food weight scale to assist
people that have diabetes by logging and calculating the amount of
carbohydrates they eat by weighing the food and using a food nutrition
database on the PDA.
This is so they can accurately calculate the insulin dosage they need.
It is inspired by my son Ryan who as most of you know is Type-1 Diabetic.

I have successfully made it through to round 2 of the competition, now
I need your help.

In order to make it through rounds 2, 3 and 4, I need your help by
voting for my project.

In return for voting, rating projects and joining in on the forums and
blogs on the competitions website... you have a chance of winning
prizes!!

To do this please do the following steps

1. Go to http://www.mypic32.com

2. In the top right corner of the web page there is a link called
"Join" - Click it!

3. Fill in your details and follow the instructions sent to you by email

4. Go to [COMMUNITY] and select [CONTESTANTS]

5. Near the top of the white page there is an option to select "Filter By"
    Select "Medical" from the pull down menu.

6. Look for the Project called "Carb Counter Plus" by mimemike
   This is my project

7. Click on the [cast my vote] option to place your vote (You only
have one vote to cast)

8. You can also rate the project by clicking on the stars near the
bottom of the description.
    You can rate as many projects as you want to.
    All they do is effect the order that the project are displayed in....
    it is the actual votes that count.

9. Pass this email on to as many people as you can that you think will
actually vote.

If the project makes it to the final round, it will be at a point that
it is ready to produce plus lots of publicity. This means it is very
possible that a company could put it into production which potentially
help millions of people world wide manage their diabetes more
accurately.

Thank you for you help, and please pass this on to as many people as
you can that are likely to vote......

Thanks again,

Mike Pearce