[chbot] Stampalike progress, microchip direct, and a toaster oven.

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Apr 22 09:09:48 BST 2008

On Tue, April 22, 2008 06:30, Chris Hellyar wrote:
<snip>
> I'll keep you posted on my progress, and the arrival of the microchip
> direct stuff.
>
> Cheers, Chris H.

Hi Chris,

Good stuff, esp. as a recent project I was working on uses an 'F88...

I have some suggestions:

1) Keep the pads for the through-hole reset switch, and add the footprint
for the SMD version inside the through-hole footprint.
2) Add three pads for (optional) SMD resonator.
3) If you have 20 pins and 19 functions then how about making the 20th pin
"power out" from the regulator? (Maybe you did that already).
4) Add pads for (optional) Dallas Econoreset or similar reset supervisor.

(I know that feature-creep is deadly, but you did say you have time on
your hands...)

Ciao,