[chbot] Progress on Mighty Mouse II

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Mon Apr 7 12:51:19 BST 2008

With a little over a week until our next meeting and an unexpected break
I'm back onto robotics in these dark nights.
This evening Mighty Mouse II started to come alive. It is basically a
motorised parallax propeller proto board. A PCB with motors, batteries and
L293 driver IC fits underneath the proto board on 36mm pillars. From the
command line I was able to get both motors turning in both directions and
detect motor sense pulses from detectors counting motor shaft rotations. By
the end of the week I hope to close the loop to get the motors travelling a
set distance with defined velocity and acceleration. Only mishap so far is
that I've worn out one gear wheel, must find some grease!
Anyone else have progress to report?

Cheers

Richard

Reminder:

Next Meeting Wed 16th April 7.30pm Science Alive Seminar Room (see
Kiwibots.org for directions)

Free components thanks to Chris Pearce - come early to get yours!