[chbot] Lcd Problem

Ben Devine chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:36:34 +1300

Hi,
Whilst this problem isnt robot related I thought this would be the
best place to ask.
I have been  lurking on this list for a while, Although this is my 1st post.

I made a simple LCD to LPT to practice my soldering skills but I have
come into a bit of a problem.
There seems to be some form of data/human error.
 Following http://i.stole.all.the.rootservers.org/~ben/files/files/lcd44780.gif
wiring diagram.
It seems to work partially, I'm using a program called LCDsmartie to
get data out to it, Using it to avoid my windows(doing this at work so
no linux desktops) coding abilities be the issue.
http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/
The settings I have set in it are
http://i.stole.all.the.rootservers.org/~ben/files/files/Settings.gif

With the output being
http://i.stole.all.the.rootservers.org/~ben/files/files/DSCN0113.JPG

I have checked all my wiring and configuration but I cannot pinpoint
the problem.
Does anyone have any suggestions,

Im looking forward to start working on a bot.
Thanks
Ben Devine