[chbot] Fwd: [HBRobotics] Micromouse

Andrew Errington chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:32:34 +1300

Hi all,

This from another list I am subscribed to.  I used to be in HBRC when=
 I was=20
in California.  I thought I'd forward it since Richard is stimulating=
=20
interest in Micromouse here.

Andrew

PS Happy New Year to you all.

Subject: [HBRobotics] Micromouse
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 12:37:51 -0800
=46rom: Jim McGuffin <hbrobotics@spamex.com>
To: <a.errington@lancaster.ac.uk>

After seeing a few posts here about Micromouse maze-solving robots, I=
 have
decided to try to build one. They have been around for decades. Has a=
nyone
else here made one?

The maze itself is very expensive. A pre-made 16x16 cell maze costs a=
round
$5000. I found some places that sell just the walls and corner posts.=
bought two 5x5 sets. When they arrive, I will have to drill my own pl=
ywood
board for the base.

For the 'bot, I decided to cheat a little and buy a starter platform.=
 It
consists only of an aluminum frame, two stepper motors, and two wheel=
s. The
price varies widely, I bought mine here:
<http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store/p/3158-Mircomouse-Body-Set.aspx=
>. I
will bring it to some future club meeting.

If anybody else wants to make maze-bots, we can combine wall/post set=
s to
build a real 16x16 regulation maze.

For some reason, RoboGames this June has a competition called the
 micromouse but they have decided to forgo the standard international=
 rules
 and make their own incompatible rules.

Anybody else want to build these? Or have any advice?

Jim McGuffin
builder of A2/A3 (RoboMagellan)

Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series. =A0Who will win=
?
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=
=3Dhttp://da
vevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=3DT001MSN38C07001