[chbot] Progress with Full Micromouse Maze

Richard Jones chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 22:27:05 +1200

This evening I cut four sheets of 1.2x2.4m MDF into four micromouse maze
floor panels 930x1980mm and used the offcuts to make walls, about 125 or
so. I just have to cut a square for the maze centre and do a few more walls
and the large scale work will be complete. Then there will be lots of
drilling and painting, and still the 600 wall pins to make. I already have
a jig somewhere to position the holes in the maze walls for the pins. The
floor panels will mate together with metal dowels to ensure a snug level
fit.

Now I'm considering the design of a jig to ease the cutting of the wall
pins. Probably using a metal cutting disc in an electric mitre saw, with a
jig to hold the wire in place and provide the cutting dimension. I'm still
on the look out for metal rod. Goldpine sell 4mm fence wire, about 250m is
$72, they didn't seem keen to sell me 16m.

More news next week.

Richard

http://groups.msn.com/chchrobotics/micromouse.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=4

bithttps://webmail.ihug.co.nz/webmail/?_task=mail&_action=compose&_reply_uid=558&_mbox=INBOX#s