[chbot] Anyone doing an order from the states any time soon?

Andrew Errington chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:33:12 +1200

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:22, you wrote:
> I will be ordering from Digikey.com in a couple of weeks.

Hi Mike,

Do you know of a cheap, fast, quad SMD opto isolator?  I want to build this:

http://www.mcmanis.com/chuck/Robotics/tutorial/h-bridge/bjt-circuit.html

I will use a ZHB6718 SMD h-bridge, with the optoisolator to keep it
separate from the PIC (not uncoincidentally the dsPIC you gave me).  I'd
like to build 5 or 6 of these modules.

Jaycar and Sicom have a poor selection, and they are slow.  I need a fast
one (faster than the one Chuck lists).  Do you have a favourite for this
sort of application?  If not can you recommend one from DigiKey?  If not,
how long have I got to research it before you place an order?

Thanks,

Andrew