[Templates] compilation problem

Mark Fowler mark@twoshortplanks.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:20:28 +0000 (GMT)

Guillaume wrote:

> Can't locate AppConfig.pm in @INC (@INC contains: blib/lib blib/arch
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at bin/ttree line 32.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at bin/ttree line 32.
> make: *** [tt2_html_docs] Erreur 2
>
> I'm trying to compile the Template-Toolkit-2.08

You need the AppConfig module to install Template Toolkit.  When you ran
TT's Makefile.PL it *should* have warned you about this - please report if
it didn't.  If you're running either the CPAN or CPANPLUS shells it should
have seen this warning when installed Template Toolkit and asked you
automatically if it should install these modules.

I guess you're installing by hand.  Again, download and install AppConfig
from CPAN, and try the same for any other modules it complains about.
The only other module that you possibly might need is a later version of
File::Spec - everything else is truly optional, if I remember
correctly.

Mark.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -T