[Templates] Patch for Template::Plugin::Datafile

Franco Bagnoli franco.bagnoli@unifi.it
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:38:29 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Franco> Unfortunatly, there are problems with AnyData and recent perl
> Franco> versions on linux for what concerns HTMLtable and XML, see for
> Franco> instance
>
> Franco> http://dbforums.com/arch/96/2002/4/355734
>
> Yeah, that's a bug.  Bugs happen.  Don't throw the baby out with the
> bathwater.
>
> Franco> If I have time, I'll try again today or tomorrow.
>
> Again, easier to fix Anydata for everyone than to sidestep it with a
> solution that works only for Template.  Refactoring is your friend.

This is exactly what I tried, but unfortunatly, the suggested patches did
not work. I tried to dig inside the code, but then I had to switch to
other tasks. I do not think I can reconsider the topic before some weeks,
so if someone in the meantime likes to try..

--
Franco Bagnoli (franchino) <franco.bagnoli@unifi.it> (bagnoli@dma.unifi.it)
virtual location: Dipartimento di Energetica "S. Stecco"