[Templates] Dynamic outline form using tt

Dennis Daupert ddaupert@csc.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:24:01 -0600

I'm sure this is not a new question, probably has been
asked and answered before, but I'm still relatively new
to tt, and not sure how to get started.

I want to dynamically display info in outline form and
provide a way to add, delete, and update the info from a
separate form. The info and parent/child relationships
would be held in a mysql database.

I've looked at code in a php book that does this, but I
have some fairly extensive webs written in perl/tt already,
and I'd like to keep it consistent.

I've done some googling using keywords "template toolkit"
and "recursion" and possibly the answers have been staring
me in the face, but I'm not up to speed yet on tt functions.
Can someone give me a nudge in the right direction, either
areas I need to search on, some code examples, thoughts on
how to approach this?

Thanks much,

/dennis

 This tagline is identical with the one you are reading.