[Templates] Patch for Template::Plugin::Datafile

Kenneth Ekdahl sensei@triton.tripnet.se
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:28:55 +0100

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 10:46:59AM +0100, Franco Bagnoli wrote:
> What about a plugin for AnyData? I could think about developing it, but if
> anybody has already done something it would be useful.

Sound interesting, do you mean that it would try to determine what kind
of data is in the file? Sounds like a project that cout grow very large
very quickly! Sounds like fun! :-)

One suggestion if you decide to begin:
Split it up into several modules, like one master interface, one wrapper
for Template::Plugin, and then decide on a api for plugins for all types
of datasources. I can think of a few already, using wrappers for
existing perl modules; HTML::Parser, HTML::TableExtract, XML::Simple,
DBI, XML::*, Spreadsheet::ParseExcel and so on.

If you get a good start, and a good api, I think other will start
submitting plugins quickly!

Good luck!

--
/* Kenneth Ekdahl (sensei@sensei.nu) */