[Templates] New user & question regarding two-pass processing / persistent data

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn@stonehenge.com
12 Jan 2003 10:05:11 -0800

lmb> On 2003-01-12T09:38:54,
lmb>    "Randal L. Schwartz" <merlyn@stonehenge.com> said:

lmb> And pre_process doesn't work as I expected it to. *sigh* [% DEFAULT %] vars
lmb> are visible, but no variables defined in the page; so it is not a one-one
lmb> equivalence to [% PROCESS header %] at the beginning of each page.
>> DEFAULT isn't visible, but META is.

lmb> No, I meant when I write down [% foo = "bar" %] in the file itself, this isn't
lmb> visible in the pre_process section yet, regardless of whether I tag it as META
lmb> in the file itself, at least not in ttree.

Are you sure that [% META foo = "bar" %]
isn't visible in the pre_process template as [% template.foo %]?

It's worked for me.  It's documented to work. :)