[Templates] New user & question regarding two-pass processing / persistent data

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn@stonehenge.com
12 Jan 2003 09:38:54 -0800

lmb> And pre_process doesn't work as I expected it to. *sigh* [% DEFAULT %] vars
lmb> are visible, but no variables defined in the page; so it is not a one-one
lmb> equivalence to [% PROCESS header %] at the beginning of each page.

DEFAULT isn't visible, but META is.

lmb> But all in all, very impressive ;-)

Thanks.  I'm pretty sure I spent far more time (over- :) architecting
the whole thing than I've ever even put into writing the content.

(Well, except for those 162+ magazine articles, I guess.  That's
the core of the content anyway.)

Which reminds me... I was gonna write up some more of this for the
next LM article.  Cool.  More existing code right into a magazine.