[Templates] Order of evaluation

Andrew Beattie andrew@tug.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:46:28 -0000

>I'm wondering why you want to delay the population of the hash ?

Because this is the way of the Lord and Master of the Cargo Cult :-)

I need to drag a big array of hashes out of the database and had been
under the perhaps mistaken impression that the cannonical way to do
that was to pass the function that builds it.

But on reflection maybe it would be better to save that for times
when I *want* to mess with side effects of order of evaluation and
I would be better off for now just passing a reference to the hash.

Ta.

Andrew