[Templates] Referring to variables defined outside BLOCKs

Andy Wardley abw@andywardley.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:16:29 +0000

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 01:22:33AM +0000, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> The subject sounds complicated but really I just want a variable
> referred to in a block that wasn't defined there to be long lived. For
> example,

[...]

> As ever, pointers to where I missed this in the ::Manual welcome :-)

It's hidden away in the deep, dark recesses of Template::Manual::Variables

       If you want to create or update truly global variables
       then you can use the 'global' namespace.  This is a hash
       array automatically created in the top-level namespace
       which all templates, localised or otherwise see the same
       reference to.  Changes made to variables within this hash
       are visible across all templates.

           [% global.version = 123 %]