[Templates] [RFC] Template::Plugin::MP3

darren chamberlain dlc@users.sourceforge.net
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:25:47 -0500

* Mark Fowler <mark@twoshortplanks.com> [2002-11-06 08:06]:
> On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, darren chamberlain wrote:
> > And so on.  Comments?

I thought I had actually attached the file; I suppose that it would have
help, and answered some potential questions.  My bad.

> Looks good.  Random thoughts that spring to mind:
>
>   Can I pass it Template::Plugin::File objects?

Um... Noiw you can.  It checks to see if the argument passed in has a
name method, and calls it if it does:

    # Allowances for Template::Plugin::File instances
    $file = $file->name
        if (UNIVERSAL::can($file, "name"));

That should do it, yes?

>   Is there a method that allows me to get the original filename back?

Yep:

  [% MP3.file %]

>   How exactly should people be organising non core plugins for CPAN
>   upload?  One at a time, or in collections?

Hmm, interesting (but unrelated) question.

>   Does this have a VIEW hook like Template::Plugin::File does?

Nope, I don't use views, so it didn't occur to me.

>   Who invented liquid soap and why?

If John Cusack can't answer that one, what makes you think that I can?
:)

(darren)

--
I'd crawl over an acre of 'Visual This++' and 'Integrated Development
That' to get to gcc, Emacs, and gdb.