[Templates] Problem in installing

darren chamberlain dlc@users.sourceforge.net
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:17:31 -0500

* Simon Wilcox <essuu@ourshack.com> [2002-11-06 03:13]:
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Srinivas_Kotamraju wrote:
>
> > I am trying to install Template-Toolkit ver 2.08, when I tried perl
> > Makefile.pl I am getting this error message, Can anyone help me.
> >
> > root@linux:/usr/share/Template-Toolkit-2.08 > perl Makefile.PL Can't
> > locate File/Temp.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ./lib
>
> Installing File::Temp should fix this but it has been in core perl since
> 5.6.1 iirc so you must be using an earlier perl.

I think the error message had 5.00503 in it...

> Looking in Template.pm, I see it only requires 5.005 so I'm guessing
> that no-one has tested the current release against older perls. I
> wonder if anything else is likely to break ?

And looking in Makefile.PL, line 245 (from CVS), there is a File::Temp
entry in PREREQ_PM -- he should have gotten a warning from MakeMaker
when creating the Makefile.

(darren)

--
He who has never configured `sendmail.cf' has no courage. He who has
configured it more than once has no brain.