[Templates] filtering includes

Rafiq Ismail (ADMIN) rafiq@joshua.dreamthought.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:17:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Andy Wardley wrote:

> Rafiq Ismail wrote:
> > I'm looking for an easy way to solve a problem, which I'm currently
> > facing.  We have a HUGE bunch of default html_header, footer, etc files
> > which tie into our legacy non-template system.  They are all raw html with
> > the exception of a couple of unconventioanl strings which get substituted
> > into, in order to provide link uri's.
>
> You could write your own custom parser for parsing templates with this
> alternate syntax.  Here's an example of a parser which looks for template
> variables marked like this: <MYTAG:foo>.

Cool. Thanks for the example.  Sounds like something fun to play with at
home.  Since it is only the inserts which would need their own parser for
my current application, I'd think that writing my own parser, whilst fun,
but too much of an over kill. For now, the filter seems to work just fine.

Thanks to all.

Rafiq