[Templates] 2.08 build failure on Redhat 8.0

Mark Fowler mark@twoshortplanks.com
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:42:50 +0000 (GMT)

On 30 Oct 2002, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> Sorry, I wasn't clear. Text::Autoformat has similar errors. I suspect it
> is something different in the underlying sprintf function. No idea how
> to go about figuring out what versions of the C libraries I have though.
> According to the redhat website, I should have glibc 2.2.93 on the
> machine. Is that where sprintf lives ?

Sounds like a perl bug to me (or rather a RedHat perl bug.)  Not sure what
to do about this.  Send me the actual errors and I'll note them in the
FAQ as a "known problem" and until someone comes up with a solution.

> This is an erroneous test I think. The encoding is valid, it just uses
> numbers instead of the helper names.

I've now commited the patch that allowed either named or numerical
entities to be returned for the e-accute in the test, so everything should
now work okay with that.

Mark.

--
s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
     http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              mark@twoshortplanks.com